Heights Dance Team

Heaven Hayes

More stories from Heaven Hayes

Back to Article
Back to Article

Heights Dance Team

Top Picture: Skylah Houston,Dinajah, Ella Lewis, and Rachael Evans  Bottom Left: Ella Lewis, Skylah Houston, and Aria Jackson Bottom Right: Sati, Ella Lewis

Top Picture: Skylah Houston,Dinajah, Ella Lewis, and Rachael Evans Bottom Left: Ella Lewis, Skylah Houston, and Aria Jackson Bottom Right: Sati, Ella Lewis

Having what it takes…

Cleveland Heights High School is not just a high school; it is also a part of the community. As such, Cleveland Heights is always trying to continuously start something new and give many different opportunities to others. Therefore, the school has started a new dance team. The dancers don’t just dance at games; they also dance at community events and at other schools.

The new coach, Rachel Evans, comes to the High School via the head cheerleading coach. Rachel Evans explained, “The Head Varsity Cheerleading Coach, Mrs. Branella Basit, reached out to me in regards to the coaching opportunity with CHHS because of my prior coaching and cheer/dance experience. I applied for the position and completed the mandatory training.” She also explained why she took the position. “This was a position of interest for me because it was a way to directly give back to the community that has helped me become who I am. Having the opportunity as a cheerleader for Heights during my high school career, I know how important it is to have the support of an experienced, dedicated coach to help each individual and team become successful.”

The dance team performs various genres of dance, including but not limited to hip-hop, ballet, jazz, and majorette. 

Ella Lewis, a dance team member, described her experience and what she takes from the team. Lewis, who started dancing when she was three and also met Coach Rachael when they danced at a studio at the time, seems to enjoy her time being on the team. Lewis’s explained, “My favorite part about the team is actually the rehearsals; we had so much fun doing it.”

As Martha Graham said, “Dance is the hidden language of the soul.”

About the Writer
Heaven Hayes, Advertising Editor

My name is Heaven Hayes. I am a Senior this year. This is my first year writing for the school newspaper. I don’t have any specific topics I like to...

• Heights Dance Team

News

Signing Day 2019

• Heights Dance Team

Sports

Lacrosse

• Heights Dance Team

Sports

Swim Cadets Celebrate 80th Year with “Glam Life” Show

• Heights Dance Team

Sports

Boys Basketball

• Heights Dance Team

Sports

Girls Basketball

By students, for students
Heights Dance Team