New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

Italie Demore

More stories from Italie Demore

Dashiki Day
March 15, 2019
Back to Article
Back to Article

New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

Cleveland Heights High School currently offers 23 career tech classes. Culinary arts has recently been added to the career tech list. Culinary arts is a class that prepares students to become a cook and learn how to use kitchen equipment along with making food.

Heights Consortium Coordinator, Mrs. Myers, said, “The Culinary Arts Program will allow juniors and seniors students to cook and test their products while learning the laws and best techniques from local and national chefs.” The curriculum also requires the students to learn how to manage and operate a restaurant or business in the Hospitality Career Field. Additionally, students will have the opportunity to earn college credit and industry-recognized certifications/credentials that could lead them directly into the career field. She also says that there is not a GPA requirement, but students should be good academic standing at their school, have great attendance, a love for cooking and a desire to learn and grow!

Jacob, a student at Heights, says that he would like to become a chef and that he will look into the career tech. He also said that he cooks at home on the weekends for his family.

Warrensville Heights High School is sponsoring this CTE Pathway, but the actual classes will take place at Cuyahoga Community College (Tri-C) Eastern Campus Culinary Arts School, Demo Kitchen and Restaurant.  This is the first program that offers classes at Tri-C. The program starts in the fall with a maximum amount of 20 juniors.

Even if students aren’t interested in culinary arts, they can choose another career tech pathway. Most of the Heights career tech classes are two years in length. 

About the Writer
Italie Demore, Design Editor

My name is Italie Demore. This is my first year in School Publications. I am currently a Senior. I have been in the Cleveland Heights School District since...

• New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

Courses at Heights High

March 2019 Art Department Focus

• New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

Courses at Heights High

OMEA Solo and Ensemble Contest

• New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

Courses at Heights High

Celebration of Chinese New Year at Heights High

• New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

News

Dashiki Day

• New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019

Splash Page

Reaching Musical Heights Concert

By students, for students
New Culinary Arts Progam in 2019