Spirit Week 2018

Heaven Hayes

More stories from Heaven Hayes

MSAN Takes on Boston!
December 7, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

Spirit Week 2018

Seniors  Jayla Johnson and La’nay Woodson celebrate Spirit Week

Seniors Jayla Johnson and La’nay Woodson celebrate Spirit Week

Leading up to Homecoming, students at Heights High gather together to participate in the spirit week. This year, spirit week began on Oct. 8th and was a week of fun while everyone was preparing for Homecoming. Monday was Twin day, Tuesday was Cleveland sports gear, Wednesday was pink out to show support for breast cancer awareness, Thursday was throwback day, and Friday was Heights gear day.

Many students feel this week is fun because they are participating in something for everyone. Spirit week is not for a specific age group, grade, or club it’s for all, everyone can commit to it. La’nay Woodson, a student council member at Heights, came up with the ideas for spirit week. Woodson explained that they all brainstormed ideas and then narrowed it down to their favorite ones. “It is important that people participated because it shows that you have school spirit,” she said. She has participated in previous years and said that the goal for next year is to get more people to participate than they did this year.

Dasia Burks and Jayla Johnson, both seniors, also participated in spirit week. They believe that it is important to participate because it is something that you not only share with a friend but other people in the school. Burks has participated in previous years, but this was her favorite year because she’s a senior now.  Johnson said, “My favorite day of the week was twin day, I got to twin with my friend.” They not only encouraged their friends to participate, but they also advertised it on their social media. Spirit week is not major but to our students, it was fun and important to them… Just wait for next year!

About the Writer
Heaven Hayes, Advertising Editor

My name is Heaven Hayes. I am a Senior this year. This is my first year writing for the school newspaper. I don’t have any specific topics I like to...

• Spirit Week 2018

Student Life

Avid Tutors Helping Students of Heights High

• Spirit Week 2018

Sports

Goal! Girls Soccer at Heights

• Spirit Week 2018

News

Celebrity Guest: Meet John Maucere!

• Spirit Week 2018

Student Life

The MSAN Mission

• Spirit Week 2018

News

Veterans Day

By students, for students
Spirit Week 2018