2018 Senior Homecoming Court

Italie Demore

More stories from Italie Demore

Veterans Day
December 11, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

2018 Senior Homecoming Court

Heights King Tommy Pierce and Queen Heaven Hayes

Nancy Rich

Nancy Rich

Nancy Rich

On Oct. 13, Cleveland Heights High School had their Homecoming Dance. Homecoming is a back to school dance for high school students where they can meet new people and teachers as well. During this time of year, students are nominated for homecoming court and persuade students to vote for them. Heaven Hayes, a senior, ran and won Homecoming Queen. Heaven said “I am excited for Homecoming because it’s an event where I can wear heels.” Heaven stated that this is her first year running for homecoming court and her fourth time attending Homecoming at Heights. She also said that she wanted to run for Homecoming court last year, but she lost interest. This year she wanted to run because it was her last year at Heights. Heaven did a good job campaigning because she knew the best spots to put posters for people to see.  Heaven was competing with four other girls for the title of Homecoming queen.

Tommy Pierce was also a nominee for senior Homecoming court. He stated that this is his fourth year attending Heights Homecoming and his first year running for Homecoming court. Tommy had a different experience with campaigning, as he thought it was a bit hard. When people don’t know each other in school, it is hard to know who to vote for. Four people that ran against Tommy. He feels that homecoming was a wonderful and exciting experience. He wanted to run for homecoming court because he wanted to be crowned king, and he won!

If you are a student at heights and you think you may want to run for homecoming court, you should fill out an application a few weeks before the event. The morning announcements list where to get an application and the due date. There are certain requirements to meet in order to be a candidate. It’s a very nice experience and Tommy and Heaven encourage others to run as well.

About the Writer
Italie Demore, Design Editor

My name is Italie Demore. This is my first year in School Publications. I am currently a Senior. I have been in the Cleveland Heights School District since...

• 2018 Senior Homecoming Court

Student Life

Avid Tutors Helping Students of Heights High

• 2018 Senior Homecoming Court

Sports

Goal! Girls Soccer at Heights

• 2018 Senior Homecoming Court

News

Celebrity Guest: Meet John Maucere!

• 2018 Senior Homecoming Court

Student Life

The MSAN Mission

• 2018 Senior Homecoming Court

News

Veterans Day

By students, for students
2018 Senior Homecoming Court