Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

Emma Hubbard

More stories from Emma Hubbard

Lake Erie Ink
November 2, 2018
Back to Article
Back to Article

Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

Students having fun on the dance floor at the Homecoming Dance.

Homecoming was this past weekend, Saturday, October 13th, and students had a lot of fun dressing up and having fun with their friends! This years theme was “All the Stars are Closer”, planned by members of the student council at Heights. They did a great job of decorating and entertaining and made it a great night.

Senior Julia O’Donnell went to Homecoming for the fourth time in a row. She was especially excited for this year because it would be her last school dance before prom. She has always had fun at the dance, but her favorite part is taking pictures with her friends beforehand. Being with friends and having a good time altogether is very important to her, and Homecoming is the perfect occasion for that to happen. Some people take dates, and others go in groups or with friends. Julia went with a group of her close friends who are also all seniors and have gone together every year.

The process of getting ready can also be fun! Julia starts it off by getting or deciding which dress she’s going to wear, then she picks out her shoes. On the day of the dance, she straightens her hair and does her makeup and gets ready to take pictures and have a fun night. Junior Nataya Truitt, this year’s Homecoming Princess, has a similar process. She gets her makeup and hair done, gets into her outfit and then takes pictures with her friends.

Nataya Truitt also had to prepare to run for Homecoming Court. That process is a little different, but it paid off as she won the title. Nataya ran for fun and was excited for the dance and to be with her friends. They helped her a lot with the running process. She and her friends posted on social media to vote for her and hung up posters around the school. She might run next year as a senior and had a great time this year.

After the dance, most students stay with their friends and get something to eat or just hang out. It is a nice way to unwind after dancing and having high energy all night prior.

About the Writer
Emma Hubbard, Editor-in-Chief

Emma Hubbard is a junior at Heights and this is her first year on the newspaper. She is excited to write about current and cultural events that can have...

• Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

Student Life

Avid Tutors Helping Students of Heights High

• Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

Sports

Goal! Girls Soccer at Heights

• Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

News

Celebrity Guest: Meet John Maucere!

• Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

Student Life

The MSAN Mission

• Heights Homecoming Dance 2018

News

Veterans Day

By students, for students
Heights Homecoming Dance 2018