Heights Tutoring Lab

Jamaria Fisher
Students work together in the tutoring lab after school.

Jamaira Fisher

Tutoring sessions are well needed in schools, and Cleveland Heights High School makes sure that students get all the help that is needed for the students to succeed. There are tutoring labs for subjects such as language arts, math, science, and history courses. The tutoring lab can be beneficial for anyone who is struggling academically and needs extra help. It offers students to be able to get a one help experience by someone who knows the course thoroughly. Many students who learn better by getting one on one help, instead of being packed in a class with many other students.

The tutors at the Cleveland Heights High School bring a positive outlook on the students. Curtis Wright, a student tutor, said, “I bring a strong personality with a passion to help the best way possible.” This is a good way for students to feel like someone cares about their problems to keep them uplifted and working hard. There are special requirements that tutors have to offer when dealing with students. Emily Watts, another student tutor, said, “A good tutor should have patience, an open mind, and a willingness to learn themselves.” It’s important to know that students sometimes get frustrated and want to give up, but a tutor has to continue to push the students to their greatest potential. There are many positives that come with the tutoring lab center. Student tutor, Phillip Bright, said, “In my opinion, the best session was when my student came in and had no clue what was going on in class and although one of the toughest sessions I had I feel like I made a big impact on his view of high school.” The tutoring lab is a great place with a great environment for students to learn, grow, and improve their academic potential.

About the Writer
Jamaria Fisher, Journalist

My name is Jamaria Fisher and I’m a senior at Heights High School. I have two brothers. One is a sophomore now and the oldest just recently left for...

• Heights Tutoring Lab

Student Life

Avid Tutors Helping Students of Heights High

• Heights Tutoring Lab

Sports

Goal! Girls Soccer at Heights

• Heights Tutoring Lab

News

Celebrity Guest: Meet John Maucere!

• Heights Tutoring Lab

Student Life

The MSAN Mission

• Heights Tutoring Lab

News

Veterans Day

By students, for students
Heights Tutoring Lab