Cleveland’s Local Spooky Events

Italie Demore

More stories from Italie Demore

Veterans Day
December 11, 2018

In the month of October, Ohio hosts many events for Halloween. The number of people attending these events varies for each event. Students at Cleveland Heights High School were asked which Halloween events they attend every year.

Amber, a senior at Heights, stated that her family goes to Boo In The Zoo every year, and her little cousins even come from Colorado to participate in the event. According to Amber, over 500 people attend the event. She and her family enjoy seeing all the animals at the event, and that her little cousin enjoys it too- until it gets too cold. Boo In The Zoo takes place at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo from October 19-21 and 26-28 from 5:00pm-9: 00 pm.

Another local event is Cedar Point Halloweekend located in Sandusky. Dasia, a student at Heights, says that she goes every year. She says it has nice scenery and is not too scary. Dasia stated that the rides are all still up and running during the event, so you can enjoy the usual amusement park rides as well. Halloweekends takes place Friday and Saturday nights from September 27th to October 27. Tickets to Halloweekend cost $44.

The most common local events people participate in are trick or treating or haunted houses. Shyanne, a senior, stated that she takes her sister to trick or treat in nearby suburbs. Her favorite part of taking her sister trick or treating is seeing the little kids dress up and have fun. Shyanne also goes to 7 Floors of Hell, a haunted house located in Middleburg Heights. You can watch your local news stations for information regarding trick or treat hours.

About the Writer
Italie Demore, Design Editor

My name is Italie Demore. This is my first year in School Publications. I am currently a Senior. I have been in the Cleveland Heights School District since...

• Cleveland’s Local Spooky  Events

Entertainment

Spoooooky Locations in Ohio

• Cleveland’s Local Spooky  Events

Entertainment

Movie Review: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

• Cleveland’s Local Spooky  Events

Entertainment

Fun Fall Activities

• Cleveland’s Local Spooky  Events

Entertainment

Heights Talent Show

• Cleveland’s Local Spooky  Events

Entertainment

Black Panther Hits the Box Office

By students, for students
Cleveland’s Local Spooky Events