Movie Review: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

Abra Lisowski

More stories from Abra Lisowski

Many students raved about “To All The Boys I Loved Before,” and thought it was the perfect movie for fall.

Recently, Netflix released a new movie that has caused quite the stir. To All The Boys I Loved Before starts out as a typical high school movie. The main character is a girl named Lara Jean, whose normal teenage life gets turned upside down when her secret love letters get mailed out to the boys they were about. The movie follows Lara Jean around as she deals with the situation and grows as a person, learning more about relationships than she had known before.

Junior Ava Collyer said she liked the movie because it had a very, “feel-good fall vibe.” Collyer said she really liked the characters because they were dynamic and had many different likable qualities. Junior Hannah Teets agreed. “I really enjoyed watching it. The characters are very dynamic, and it evoked many different emotions while watching it.” Overall, students felt the movie was good for fall.

However, there were a few things students did not like about To All The Boys I Loved Before. Teets said, “I felt at times like the characters weren’t real enough. They weren’t always realistic to how high schoolers actually are.” That being said, she said it didn’t really take away from the overall movie watching experience. “I would definitely watch it again, I really enjoyed it,” said Teets.

About the Writer
Abra Lisowski, Co-Editor

Abra Lisowski is a Junior at Cleveland Heights High School this year. She has participated in the school newspaper for three years. During her free time,...

• Movie Review: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

Entertainment

Spoooooky Locations in Ohio

Entertainment

Cleveland’s Local Spooky Events

Entertainment

Fun Fall Activities

Entertainment

Heights Talent Show

Entertainment

Black Panther Hits the Box Office

By students, for students