Golf at Heights

Emma Hubbard

More stories from Emma Hubbard

Fore%21
Back to Article
Back to Article

Golf at Heights

Fore!

Fore!

Fore!

Fore!

The golf team at Heights is a great way to have fun with teammates and learn a game that you can play all your life! Sports are an important part of Heights culture, but also a big part of people’s lives outside of school. Golf is a timeless sport that once you learn, can be played for a lifetime.

Bryantomas Mcnitt, a senior at Heights, has been playing golf for two years. His family is a good example of the longevity of the sport, as both of his parents play golf. That is partially why he got interested in it in the first place. “My father is really good, so he said it would be fun for me to do!” He has tried to get his sister to play, but for the time being, she prefers to play lacrosse. His favorite part of being on the team is getting to see the other courses that they play on and the scenery of the environment around them. Bryantomas’ favorite team to play is Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy, as they bring a good amount of competition. He is excited to be able to play golf in college and for as long as he can after that as well. The one thing that he wished more people knew about golf is that it is a game of patience. A mellow-minded person will have a much easier and better time playing golf than someone who is not as calm and focused.

A peer at Heights, junior Caroline Imka, has only played mini golf, but still is interested in the real game. Her father occasionally plays golf at work events with his colleagues. She says he always has a good time, and that it is easy to pick up where he left off, even if he has not played in a while. Caroline knows a couple players on the team at Heights and would love to go to a match at some point.

Golf is a great way to focus your brain and have a good time with friends outside of school or work. It is low stress and high reward, so a perfect activity for the end of a busy week or if you ever need to wind down and let off stress somehow. Once you learn, you will have a skill and hobby that you can use for the rest of your life.

About the Writer
Emma Hubbard, Editor-in-Chief

Emma Hubbard is a junior at Heights and this is her first year on the newspaper. She is excited to write about current and cultural events that can have...

• Golf at Heights

Student Life

Avid Tutors Helping Students of Heights High

• Golf at Heights

Sports

Goal! Girls Soccer at Heights

• Golf at Heights

News

Celebrity Guest: Meet John Maucere!

• Golf at Heights

Student Life

The MSAN Mission

• Golf at Heights

News

Veterans Day

By students, for students
Golf at Heights