‘Tis the Season

Matthew Cox

More stories from Matthew Cox

Back to Article
Back to Article

‘Tis the Season

It’s December, and it’s time to start thinking about gifts for loved ones. We’ve all struggled thinking of what to get a family member or friend for the holidays. If you cannot for the life of you come up with something to get someone, it can be really frustrating. The best solution, in this case, is to make the gift yourself. There’s a bunch of reasons why too. If you make your gift then it’ll mean more to whoever’s receiving the gift because you took time out of your day to make the gift for them.
Sometimes the best gift to get someone is a handmade gift. It can sometimes mean more to whoever’s receiving it than a bought gift.

Some students were asked what they made for family members. Freshman Nicholas Phelps explained, “Yes I have made a gift, it was a necklace for my mom,” unfortunately he wasn’t comfortable going into detail. Amber Brady, a senior said “Yes, it was like, paper tissue flowers for my parents anniversary. It took maybe 20 minutes to do,”

These two students prove that anything can be thought of and made for a special occasion. Happy Holidays!

About the Writer
Matthew Cox, Journalist

Matthew is a senior at Cleveland Heights High School. His favorite subject is English. After graduation, he plans to attend Tri-C and work a part-time...

• ‘Tis the Season

Entertainment

Spoooooky Locations in Ohio

• ‘Tis the Season

Entertainment

Cleveland’s Local Spooky Events

• ‘Tis the Season

Entertainment

Movie Review: To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before

• ‘Tis the Season

Entertainment

Fun Fall Activities

• ‘Tis the Season

Entertainment

Heights Talent Show

By students, for students
‘Tis the Season